Forgot password of a memory card in Nokia Symbian ? Here is how to unlock password protected memory card without formatting. Look inside for more.
In recent times, memory cards have become a very important source of data storage and transfer. The storage capacity first changed from MBs to 1-2 GBs and then to 16-32 GBs. Most of the mobile phones and tablet devices support up to 32 GB of external storage in the form of an SD or Micro SD memory card.
Generally memory cards are used to store files like music, videos, pictures, games and other stuffs. By default, memory cards are not protected by a password because as such people do not store much confidential information in that. But there are instances, where some users have some confidential content which they do not want to be shared with others, in that condition, those users put a password to their memory card, so that every user browsing into the memory card need to enter the password. This helps because after putting password, the content remains confidential.
There are chances sometimes, when people forget their password. It becomes really difficult for them in that condition because the data stored in a password protected memory card is often very important. In this post, I will be sharing a way using which you can unlock password protected memory card if you are using the Nokia Symbian operating system.
How to Unlock Password Protected Memory Card Without Formatting
- Download Fexplorer to your mobile phone. Install this application using simple steps.
- Open this app and then go to the C drive of your phone. If you do not know where is your phone’s C drive, you need not to worry. This app will show your drives and you can simply choose one.
- Navigate to Systems folder.
- Search for a file named as mmcstore and copy this file to your computer using a data cable or Bluetooth.
- Once you place this file onto your computer hard disk, open this file with Notepad.
- As soon as this file gets opened, you will see a phrase in the Notepad window showing your memory card password. Enjoy.
That’s it. If you have a problem in any step, feel free to leave a comment and I will try my level best to solve that problem for you.
Incoming Search Terms :
How to unlock a memory card
How to unlock password protected memory card in Nokia S40
Unlock locked memory card without formatting